Notifications & Permission Forms
Notifications by Email or Text
Enrolled in a Sunset Zoo class or camp this summer? Sign up to receive text or email alerts regarding program emergencies, reminders and general happenings. Messages will engage parents about their children's experiences, as well as alert parents to any emergencies and the procedures the Zoo has implemented. Sign up by class below:
- Summer Camp // Animal Crackers (ages 5-7)
- Summer Camp // Summer Safari (ages 8 & 9)
- Summer Camp // Nature Navigators (ages 10-12)
- Early Childhood // Prairie Dog Preschool (ages 2 & 3)
- Early Childhood // Kinder Cubs (ages 4-6)
Permission Forms - By Season & Activity
To participate in Sunset Zoo's Classes and Camps, parents/guardians must complete a permission form packet for each participating youth. Due to State of Kansas licensing requirements, the type of forms needed varies with each program. Parents/guardians should download and complete only the Permission Forms associated with the activity their child is enrolled in.
2017 Summer Programs
- Prairie Dog Preschool (ages 2-3) Permission Forms Forms for Prairie Dog Preschool classes occurring September 2017 - May 2018. All families must must complete a new set for this school year even if you've participated in past seasons.
- Kinder Cubs (ages 3-5) Permission Forms Forms for Kinder Cubs classes occurring September 2017 - May 2018. All families must must complete a new set for this school year even if you've participated in past seasons.
- Adventure Camp (grades K-6) Permission Forms NEW this school year: Forms for Adventure Camp at Sunset Zoo are now the same as Sunset Zoo's Summer Camp programs. Thus, any child who attended summer camps at the Zoo in 2017 does not need to complete new permission forms. Any child attending Adventure Camp at Sunset Zoo that did NOT attend summer camps in 2017 will need to complete the attached forms. Please note, these forms require copies of immunization records and a health assessment completed by a licensed doctor or nurse practitioner. Unlike last year, these forms are NOT the same at the Flint Hills Discovery Center.
- Adventure Camp (grades K-6) Parent Handbook Parent handbook covers drop-off and pick-up procedures, behavior expectations, inclement weather, illnesses, etc.